Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekend of Painting and Sanding

The Duncans recently moved into a new house and needed painting to be done at their house so they hired us as painters.

This was Jeff's first time painting. He had the task of taping up the corners and painting near the corners. I got to paint the walls using the rollers. Poor Jeff. He saw me making huge progress because the roller covers large surface area while he had the small handheld paintbrush and he had to "paint within the lines".

Here's the after picture with Jen holding our snacks. She also bought us Cherry Blasters.

Sunday night, Joey, P. John, and myself headed over to Ginger and Dan's place. A true fixer upper.

We were greeted by a bird in the house and it was pretty scary because it kept on darting between two windows and the skylight. As P. John said, "I don't do birds". Dan chased it into the closet and caught it in his hands and freed it oustide. Yay!

This is not a large Jackson Pollock painting. This is a wall in which Dan asked me to scrape off the brown paint. Needless to say, it was taking too long so I was moved to wall-sanding work.

Joey was made for sanding. She was sanding down bumps that I had given up on as impossible to reach. The masks were suffocating though. Good news, Ginger and Dan are hiring us again!
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment